On Tuesday a special episode of Fieldstone Common was broadcast to discuss some changes happening behind the scenes at Fieldstone Common.
If you have the time please listen to the episode. It is only 15 minutes long.
Here are the highlights of the Broadcast
1) Listeners can now receive blog posts via email. There is a new subscribe button on the front of the Fieldstone Common website to sign up. This means that every post will be delivered to your email box. Not everyone wants to use this option but for those that do it is now available.
2) The sign up list to win books reserved for the mailing list is now called the BONUS LIST. This is avoid confusion with the new subscribe via email list mentioned above.
PLEASE NOTE: Receiving blog posts via email is not the same as being on the Bonus List. Everyone must sign up for the Bonus List if they want to qualify to win books or other giveaways.
3) *** Fieldstone Common will change from a live broadcast to a recorded podcast. *** The reason for these changes is explained in detail during the special announcement episode.
4) As result, how you access the Fieldstone Common episodes will be different.
- You can continue to find the link in the blog posts on Fieldstone Common
- You can continue to find the links on the Show Schedule page
- You will no longer get reminder emails from Blog Talk Radio. The Bonus List is the place to sign up if you want reminder emails.
- There will now be two subscriptions in iTunes 1. Fieldstone Common Season 1 (which will be the Blog Talk Radio Episodes) and 2. Fieldstone Common Season 2 (which will be all episodes starting 26 September 2013). PLEASE NOTE: You will need to subscribe to Fieldstone Common Season 2 in iTunes to continue receiving the episodes. (I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Please listen to the special broadcast to understand why this has to happen). There will be a post on Fieldstone Common announcing when the new subscription feed has been activated.
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks for your patience with all the changes. This will provide for much better quality broadcasts going forward.
There is a newly created mailing list option so that you can receive email reminders for Fieldstone Common.
The email reminders will be sent out once a week on Wednesdays and will provide details about the weekly guest and topic.
Enter your email address in the link below. On the second page select Fieldstone Common (if you like you can also select options for the Marian Pierre-Louis Newsletter, and episode reminders for On-Site Research New England).
The list will also be used occasionally for announcements and to give away door prizes.
Leave a comment if you have any questions.
What is Fieldstone Common?
Fieldstone Common is a new radio show featuring host, Marian Pierre-Louis. The show is broadcast live every Thursday at 1pm EST and lasts for 60 minutes. Authors, historians, curators, archivists, genealogists and other stewards of history are interviewed about their books or projects. The show is recorded and made available as a podcast after the live episode on the show website.
Each week door prizes will be given away to the live listeners. This will typically include two books written by the author who is being featured on Fieldstone Common.
Where do I find Fieldstone Common?
Fieldstone Common is hosted on the Blog Talk Radio platform. You will not find it on a traditional radio station. It is broadcast live over the internet. That means that anyone in the world can listen to the show as long as they have an internet connection. The web address for Fieldstone Common is www.blogtalkradio.com/FieldstoneCommon.
How do I listen to Fieldstone Common?
In order to listen to the live episode you need to go to the Fieldstone Common page then click on the link for the next upcoming show. On the next page, click the PLAY button.
The show should start broadcasting automatically in the default media player on your computer. You can use the same method to listen to archived podcasts of previous shows.